- 2019 Benjamin Franklin Book Award
- 2018 Mom's Choice Gold Award
- 2018 Florida Authors & Publisher's Award Gold, Two Silvers & Bronze
- 2018 Moonbeam Children's Book Award Gold, Bronze
- 2018 Royal Dragonfly Book Award Three 1st Place, 2nd Place, Two Honorable Mentions
Dinosaurs Living in My Hair!2
Kids spend a lot of time focusing on their differences. “Dinosaurs Living in My Hair!2″ takes a look at what happens when five friends discover what they have in common: first grade challenges, curly hair, and . . . dinosaurs!?! The fun begins when these “surprising similarities” help them find the courage to stand up to classroom bullying.
The imaginative illustrations in this sequel bring the fanciful tale to life and readers will enjoy a reassuring conclusion. Emphasis on:
- Poetry can be fun.
- Imagination is King.
- Begins dialogue with parents and children about bullying.
- Dinosaurs offer some simple suggestions.
- Celebrates the fact we are more alike than we realize.
- Kids love dinosaurs. The topic allows for teaching kids without them knowing they are learning.
“Rose-Vallee’s rhyming text flows in perfect rhythm and rhyme, and her vocabulary choices are unique enough to offer a comfortable challenge for Sabrina’s fellow first-grade readers. A great choice to highlight diverse friendships and believing in yourself – with a fun touch of dinosaurs.” ——— Kirkus Reviews 2018